“I was impressed by the vitality, energy and positive climate in the school, by the outstanding behaviour and by the magnificent writing on display. Clearly, none of this is by accident and is a tribute to the relentless focus on aspiration and outcomes that you and your staff exhibit”. (Dr Gary Holden, National Leader of Education)
Welcome letter from Briony Brammer, Executive Headteacher
"Hawksmoor School is an ‘Outstanding’, heavily over-subscribed primary school and nursery in the heart of Thamesmead, the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We have an excellent reputation in the local community for high results, behaviour and teaching as well as for being friendly and welcoming to all children, including those with special needs." (More)
Results at the end of 2015-16 for Year 6 pupils
(end of Key Stage 2) were:
- 83% achieved the ‘expected’ standard or above in Reading, 90% in Writing, 82% in Maths and 80% in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- 35% achieved a ‘higher’ standard in Reading, 50% in Writing, 45% in Maths and 33% in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- 77% achieved ‘expected’ standard in all three subjects – Reading, Writing and Maths
- 25% achieved ‘higher’ standard in all three subjects – Reading, Writing and Maths
Progress – Value added:
- Reading: 1.4 above expected progress
- Writing: 5.0 above expected progress
- Maths: 2.7 above expected progress
NB: Expected progress in ‘0’ and floor targets are -5 for Reading, -7 for Writing and -5 for Maths.
Average scaled scores:
- Reading: 107
- Maths: 108
All these results are above national.
DfE performance tables (external link)
- Half term holiday
School will finish at the normal time of 3.30pm on Friday, 26th May 2017.
- Help to keep your child safe online
Share Aware, from NSPCC and O2, gives parents all the tools they need to have regular and informed conversations with their child about staying safe online.
- How to explore outdoors safely with kids
Childhood experts advise on the best ways to get kids playing outdoors safely this summer
- Easter Holidays
School closes at 2.30pm on Friday 31st March 2017. Please note there is no After School Club on that day.
- Hawksmoor wins award for exceptional 2016 results
Hawksmoor has been nationally recognised for its exceptional 2016 performance by SSAT (the Schools, Students and Teachers network).