“I was impressed by the vitality, energy and positive climate in the school, by the outstanding behaviour and by the magnificent writing on display. Clearly, none of this is by accident and is a tribute to the relentless focus on aspiration and outcomes that you and your staff exhibit”. (Dr Gary Holden, National Leader of Education)
Welcome letter from Briony Brammer, Executive Headteacher
"Hawksmoor School is an ‘Outstanding’, heavily over-subscribed primary school and nursery in the heart of Thamesmead, the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We have an excellent reputation in the local community for high results, behaviour and teaching as well as for being friendly and welcoming to all children, including those with special needs." (More)
Results at the end of 2015-16 for Year 6 pupils
(end of Key Stage 2) were:
- 83% achieved the ‘expected’ standard or above in Reading, 90% in Writing, 82% in Maths and 80% in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- 35% achieved a ‘higher’ standard in Reading, 50% in Writing, 45% in Maths and 33% in Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- 77% achieved ‘expected’ standard in all three subjects – Reading, Writing and Maths
- 25% achieved ‘higher’ standard in all three subjects – Reading, Writing and Maths
Progress – Value added:
- Reading: 1.4 above expected progress
- Writing: 5.0 above expected progress
- Maths: 2.7 above expected progress
NB: Expected progress in ‘0’ and floor targets are -5 for Reading, -7 for Writing and -5 for Maths.
Average scaled scores:
- Reading: 107
- Maths: 108
All these results are above national.
DfE performance tables (external link)
- Improving School Communications with ParentMail
From 6th February 2017 we will be upgrading to PMX – ParentMail’s latest platform.
- Reporting your child absent
To report your child absent, why not use our new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winter Weather!
There have been reports of the possibility of snow in the next few days and possibly in the coming weeks. If we do have to close the school, we will inform you by text message.
- School closes at 2.30pm on Friday 16th December.
School closes for the Christmas holidays at 2.30pm on Friday 16th December.
- Hawksmoor perform Twelfth Night at this years Shakespeare Festival For Schools
30 Year 5 children perform Twelfth Night at this years Shakespeare Festival For Schools