Pupil Premium 2013-14
In 2013/14 we were allocated £131,400.
We actually spent approximately £184,205 on supporting pupils eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those being Looked After by the Local Authority (LAC/in care):
- £18 485.50 (10%) on targeted 1:1 reading
- £10 012.50 (5%) on phonics boosters
- £30 418 (17%) on English and maths booster and catch-up groups
- £77 103 (42%) on targeted support, mainly in English and maths lessons
- £17 529 (10%) on 1:1 tuition
- £1463 (0.8%) on targeted work to improve attendance and punctuality
- £8040 (4%) on professional counselling
- £17 184 (9%) on parenting classes and 1:1 support
- £3970 (2%) on fees for extra-mural clubs and activities
We evaluated each area of work to ensure it is effective in promoting the progress of these children so they reach their full potential.
We have carried out a detailed analysis and compared the results in Reading, Writing and maths with Pupil premium and Non Pupil Premium pupils.
Our analysis shows that, as a result of highly effective targeted support and excellent teaching, FSM and ‘looked after’ children in Hawksmoor School achieve better than those children do nationally in many year groups.
Where there is a gap between Pupil Premium and Non Pupil Premium, it is smaller than national: however, our aim with our funding for 2014/5 (£208 000) will be to reduce even further the size of this gap.