PE and Sports Premium
The Sport Premium is a funding package provided by the Government. This provides schools with additional money to support the delivery of PE and sports in schools.
The government has announced that it is to continue with the PE and Sports Premium funding for the foreseeable future.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the approximate £9500 sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in 2016-17 in the following ways;
- build upon the cricket, hockey, gym and dance CPD for staff and provide quality assured professional development opportunities for teachers enabling quality teaching and learning for all children £1000
- Fitness clubs for all children will be offered at lunchtime for KS2 by Activkids £5800
- Activkids will provide a Change4life club before school on a Thursday for targeted disaffected year 4 children £600
- Trained Play Makers will deliver lunchtime sessions daily to years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 /Trained lunchtime supervisors will deliver skipping sessions to years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 £600
- Increase and monitor table tennis lunch and break use £1000
- Provide transportation to enable participation in wider variety of sporting events £1000
- New Sports kit for the children representing the school to build more interest and greater esteem £200
- Association of PE £100
Our overall aim is to continue to raise the profile and standards in P.E. and school sport increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
Read details (PDF) of how we spent the Sport Premium and the impact the additional sports and PE activities have on our children:
2016-17 summary of activities and spend.
2015-16 summary of activities and spend.